Donate Online Today!
Your donation will go where it's needed most and help support our mission to seek health, comfort, freedom from fear and a loving guardian for all companion animals. Online donations are accepted through the Friends of the Animal Center Foundation Donation's page.
In addition, the Center is partnering with Kuranda, a small company in Maryland whose products include quality dog and cat beds. Those interested in viewing Kuranda products and/or ordering an item from Kuranda for the Iowa City Animal Center can visit the Kuranda Shelter Bed website.
Monetary Donations in Person or By Mail
Monetary Donations may be made to Friends of the Animal Center Foundation (FACF) at:
P.O. Box 1345
Iowa City, IA 52244
Drop off donations between 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Monday through Friday or between 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturday, at:
3910 Napoleon Lane
Iowa City, IA 52244
Animal Care & Adoption Center Wish List
Updated for 2019
Our biggest need is VISA, Mastercard, or gift cards to local retail stores really help us in a pinch when we need to buy something specific for animal care. Any amount is helpful!
Wish List for Dogs
- Clean small blankets and large bath towels/wash cloth.
- Dog toys - all sizes and very durable (Benebones/Nylabones)
- Fromm Classic Chicken and Rice dry dog food
- High quality canned dog and puppy food
- Large and extra-large soft dog toys
Wish List for Cats
- Cardboard scratching pads - Small and medium sized ones, various shapes
- Food and water crocks - Must be heavy and deep, round shape is best as less likely to chip/crack
- Forti Flora for cats (available at your veterinarian)
- Gift cards (local pet supply stores or VISA or Mastercard) for all those last minute specialty kitten needs
- High quality patte style canned kitten food
- Miracle brand nipple (mini or regular size)
- Non-scented clay litter
- Nutri-Cal for kittens
- NutriSource Cat/Kitten Chicken and Rice - wet and dry
- Pedialyte unflavored (Good Sense Pedialyte electrolyte liquid)
- Pet Ag brand nursing kit
- Plastic flea combs
- Royal Caninn Baby Cat and Kitten food - Chicken and Rice recipe
- Kitten appropriate small toys (Little fuzzy mice!!) (Avoid sequins and feathers)
Wish List for Small Animals
- Chew sticks and toys for rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs & rats.
- OxBow rabbit food
- Small Mammal Bedding (no wood or cedar shavings please)
- Small, but deep water crocks
- Timothy hay
Miscellaneous Wish List
- Dawn dish washing liquid
- Frontline, Advantage, and Revolution treatment for fleas and ticks
- Heating pads (no auto shut-offs, please)
- Paper Towels
- Wash Cloths and Towels
At this time we do not need rabbit cages, dog crates or kennels, cat carriers, or dog houses. Unfortunately, we don't have room to store these. Feel free to call us for a list of other organizations we work with that may be in need.